Gallagher Dentistry & Facial Pain Center is happy to provide this self-assessment for patients that are experiencing facial pain and other symptoms. Based on our decades of TMJ care and TMD experience, we’ve created this convenient self-assessment checklist to help assess if a TMJ disorder may be the underlying cause of your current facial pain, chewing issues, jaw popping noises, headaches, and more.
Any questions where you answer “yes” may represent poor TMJ health, also known as TMD. The more “yes” answers you have, the higher the risk is that you may have TMJ issues. Please contact us to schedule a comprehensive TMJ exam if you believe you may have TMD. We also welcome any questions you encounter, feel free to contact us with any inquiries as well.
- Do your jaw joints pop or click when you open or close your mouth?
- Does your jaw hurt when you open or close your mouth?
- Does your mouth lock at any position? Do you experience limited range when opening your mouth?
- Do you have headaches?
- Do you have facial pain?
- Do you have earaches and/or ringing in your ears?
- Do you clench your jaw or grind your teeth?
- Are your teeth worn, broken, or loose?
- Do your teeth hurt when you chew?
- Are your teeth sensitive to hot and/or cold?
- Are you experiencing neck, shoulder, and/or back pain?
- Does your jaw get tried when chewing certain foods or during dental appointments?
You can download our TMJ health assessment form here: TMJ Assessment
Please contact our office immediately if your assessment results is a potential positive for TMD. The sooner you seek treatment, the more permanent damage can be avoided.
Schedule Your TMJ Care Appointment Today
Gallagher Dentistry & Facial Pain Center specializes in TMJ care and is looking forward to providing you with the personalized treatment that you need. Contact us today to schedule your first appointment!